SOLVED Update to 12.0 gives 'base-os' error

Meya

Dabbler
Hello!
Trying to update to TrueNAS, these should be the changes from 11.3-U5:
1634648113752.png

I've been trying to update to 12.0 since yesterday but this is the error I get:
base-os.png

I did some research and it seems to be a corrupt download but I don't know why. I rebooted several times, nothing. I waited until this morning but again, same error. Just as I saw in another thread where they asked about boot environment, here is mine:
1634647622853.png

I'm a little afraid to do a manual update because I have never done it. If I have to do it, I want to confirm that these are the files I need to download:
1634647927999.png

Then go to System > Update > click on manual update and search for the .tar file? Otherwise, how do I fix this issue about base-os error?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
That is odd, but yes, trying the manual update is probably the next step here. Go ahead and grab that .tar file, you don't need the sha256. You select the .tar file in the update UI, tell it to upload to temp space or your pool, and see if it gets you past this issue.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
You've just encountered a failed download via the updater due to an expired certificate. See https://www.truenas.com/community/t...the-openssl-1-0-2-vs-letsencrypt-issue.95874/.

You have the correct files for the manual update. Run sha256 TrueNAS-12.0-U6-manual-update.tar to calculate the SHA256 checksum of the file. If this matches the contents of the .sha256 file, you have a good download. Otherwise, redownload and calculate the checksum again until they match.

The manual update is the same process as the online updater; the TAR file contains all the downloaded parts.

Meya

Dabbler