12.0-U2 update error - invalid checksum

martinf

Cadet
Hello,

I have just installed TrueNAS Core 12.0-U2 from scratch. With this I wanted to avoid all the update problems - even when I have to do a complete configuration manually. So far I was successful but...

I can not update TrueNAS. I do get an update error and the message of invalid checksum.

What can I do?

BR Martin
truenas_120U2_update_error.png

Etorix

Wizard
Download again.

martinf

Cadet
Hello Etorix,

I was really happy to read this because I have tried your approach already several times:smile:

So, I thought you might have changed something in the background... Maybe not... because there is still the same error message...

Any other ideas?

BR Martin

Demo

Cadet
Martin how have you tried to download again? By just clicking the download updates button? When I attempt to do this it seems that the function checks to see if the download file is already present and states download success. So it doesn't actually redownload the update file.
Or have you redownloaded the manual update tar file and used the install manual update function?

martinf

Cadet
Hello,
thank you - a good point to know. Of course I have tried to install the update manually (after enjoying the download time where I had to restart the download every 2 minutes but at the end - I managed to download the file) and...

it was working!

What to expect with the next update? Do you think the automatic update will work with a new download file?

Demo

Cadet
I think if you were having a hard time downloading the manual update (having to restart it every 2 min) then that may be the issue you had with using the automatic update. I honestly can't say that for sure since I'm no good at breaking down code.
But I would recommend then in the future to stick with the manual install to ensure that the update goes smoothly. This also allows you to confirm the hash of the update file before applying it to quarantine a good update is being applied. This is only a recommendation from a person that likes to verify nearly everything before using it.

martinf

Cadet
Maybe there is a dependency between the unstable download and the automatic download...

... and I will (have to) use the manual update in the future.

Thank you for your feedback!