Update Nextcloud Error .htaccess.dist

tecnicaemail

Dabbler
Dear friends, I'm having trouble updating my Nextcloud, I get the following error ".htaccess.dist" and I don't even know where to start.
I thank the help of all you.

I'm using Truenas 13.0
6th Gen Intel i3
32GB DDR3 RAM

I attached a photo of the error.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    536.2 KB · Views: 430

Apollo

Wizard

tecnicaemail

Dabbler
All it says is that the .htaccess.dist isn't part of the update package it is trying to install and just warns you about it.
Best way to go about it is to perform a manual update using steps found in the Nextcloud administration manual.

So I understand why the interface doesn't work? Because by the method of the link you mentioned I found it very difficult! Wouldn't there be another method?

Apollo

Wizard
No other method I know about.
The reason the update via Web interface within Nextcloud fails is to prevent potential loss of configuration.
I had this issue with the "dist" folder which was introduced on NC23 or NC24 Beta as well as another similar issue a couple of years ago.
What I did is follow the upgrade process and perforked the steps via SSH and also using MC (Midnight Commander) to copy and rename the files. You can do that with CLI command otherwise.

jeffray847

Cadet
The file .htaccess.dist is the apache default config file that came with the apache distribution.
In TrueNas click on Jails and find your nextcloud jail.
Then open a shell prompt and navigate to /usr/local/www/nextcloud you will find there is a .htaccess which should be the configuration file for nextcloud
I just mad a directory /usr/bu and then move the .htaccess.dist file to that directory.
I was then able to run the web upgrade successfully.

jeffray847

Cadet
As an addendum to my previous remark, if you are worried about that file doing something, you can always put it back after the upgrade.

Lepelot

Dabbler
The file .htaccess.dist is the apache default config file that came with the apache distribution.
Then open a shell prompt and navigate to /usr/local/www/nextcloud you will find there is a .htaccess which should be the configuration file for nextcloud
I just mad a directory /usr/bu and then move the .htaccess.dist file to that directory.
Thank you, this worked just fine for me as well.

RPohl

Dabbler
I have the same problem only when i put in /usr/local/www/nextcloud i get permission denied.

nairsrijith

Cadet
This was helpful.