Update from FreeNAS to TrueNAS because of DEGRADED Boot Pool

Durahl

Dabbler
Greetings!

My FreeNAS 11.3-U5 Installation informed that my Boot Pool is DEGRADED and that something needs to be done about it.
So far, I've made a FreeNAS Configuration BackUP of it but am now kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place on what to do next.

My preferred choice would be simply installing another 11.3-U5 onto a new Disk, apply my FreeNAS Configuration BackUP to it and be on my merry way towards the sunset - Problem's just I cannot find a 11.3-U5 Download anymore...

The most likely other choice would be migrating over to the TrueNAS Train ( also offered in the System > Update Dropdown Menu ).
How should this be performed with regards to the faulty Drive?
Can I create a TrueNAS Installation on a new Disk and then simply apply my FreeNAS Configuration BackUP to it in order to regain access to all my stuff.
OR
Do I perform a FreeNAS to TrueNAS Update from the System > Update Menu while still on the faulty Drive in order to create a TrueNAS Configuration BackUP which can then be applied to a TrueNAS Installation done on a brand-new Disk?

Thanks in advance!

Redcoat

MVP
Last edited:

Durahl

Dabbler
Much appreciated!

After an odd issue...
Screenshot 2022-12-04 233358.png

... I managed to solve that issue too by editing the config.py file to allow the upload of larger files.

Crysis averted again.