Update from 11.2-U4.1 -> U5 broken jail UI

ertank

Explorer
Hello,

I just updated my system and I cannot go in jails screen in the user interface. Legacy web interface display screen, but lists no jail at all.

I have a jail up and running that I can ping and ssh into. It is just, I cannot see its status or up/down at will.

Can anyone else confirm if they have such a problem?

Thanks & regards,
Ertan

ThreeDee

Guru
clear web cache and relaunch browser?

Working fine here w/ Plex,Tautuli, and UniFi Controller

ertank

Explorer
Oddly enough, after login from legacy web interface to new web interface it started to work.

Can this be a browser cache thing?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I observed the same behavior. Forcing a reload of the page (shift-refresh) fixed it for me, so it does indicate a cached content issue.

diemkae

Cadet
Hello,

I just updated my system and I cannot go in jails screen in the user interface. Legacy web interface display screen, but lists no jail at all.

I have a jail up and running that I can ping and ssh into. It is just, I cannot see its status or up/down at will.

Can anyone else confirm if they have such a problem?

Thanks & regards,
Ertan
I just installed U5 on a new USB boot drive, rebooted and uploaded the previously saved config file. As with the upgrade to U4, I had to manually restart the one jail I have configured. To do that, I had to right-click on the Jails menu item and "open in a new tab" to get the jail UI to come up. Once there, I observed that the jail status was "down" and started it. All OK then and for a subsequent reboot(s)..

Two current problems as I see it:

1 - the jail GUI does not come up when simply clicking on the "Jails" menu item (as it used to). WORKAROUND: Right-click + Open in a new tab works OK.

2 - the jail should (IMHO) come up automatically when the configured U5 system reboots (the first time). After manually starting the jail, it is up & running after a subsequent reboot.