Jail OS version not matches

ertank

Explorer
Hello,

I have recently upgraded to 11.3-RELEASE and after that I also updated my single jail (iocage). When I login to jail OS I read
root@svn:~ # uname -a FreeBSD svn 11.3-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE-p5 #0 r325575+8ed1cd24b60(HEAD): Mon Jan 27 18:07:23 UTC 2020 root@tnbuild02.tn.ixsystems.com:/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/objs/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/os/sys/FreeNAS.amd64 amd64

When I see jails from new GUI I read
11.2-RELEASE-p15

I am not sure if this should be like it is now. I just wanted to be sure that it is not a "bug" of some kind. If it is a kind of bug, I will report that.

Thanks & regards,
Ertan

Attachments

• jail.PNG
    jail.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 195
Run freebsd-version inside your jail; the uname command shows the version from the kernel (FreeNAS host).

ertank

Explorer
freebsd-version does indeed match GUI displayed version.

Now, I have another question, how can I update my jail OS to latest?

Thanks & regards,
Ertan

Note the distinction between update and upgrade:
  • a jail update will update a jail to the most current patch level of the installed FreeBSD release. This does not change the release and can be done from the FreeNAS UI
  • a jail upgrade will replace the jail FreeBSD operating system with a new release of FreeBSD. This has to be done from the command line, e.g. to upgrade jail myjail to release 11.3, type iocage upgrade myjail -r 11.3-RELEASE
For more info, please see https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2-U8/jails.html#jail-updates-and-upgrades