SOLVED Update 11.0U4 > 11.1: Unable to mount boot-environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaguznal

Explorer
Hello everyone!

The title is prety self explanatory.
I have read several posts about this general error but mine seems to stem from somewhere else.
I have read the solutions to boot in a former environment but I simply have none. I started this box on 11.0U4.

Is there anything I can simply adapt to make this work again without having to burn yet an other cd?

I will happily provide aditional logs if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Exception Location: ./freenasUI/system/views.py in update_check, line 1375

Environment:
Software Version: FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: https://XXXXXXXX:XXX/system/update/check/?uuid=f6673949944a4408b33b8286b1fa5323
Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
39. response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
249. response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
178. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
162. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
23. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/system/views.py" in update_check
1375. raise MiddlewareError(handler.error)
Exception Type: MiddlewareError at /system/update/check/
Exception Value: [MiddlewareError: b'Unable to mount boot-environment 11.1-RELEASE']

silverback

Contributor
Yes, my oldish Xeon system has had this problem in the past. I had to save the configuration and do a fresh install.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

Yaguznal

Explorer
The usb stick I use to write the iso on goes into write protection every time I try to use that method, @Ericloewe . I ended up with 4 paperweights already. And they are too light for even that. I am reluctant to try that method again.

My initial question is still the same. Is there anything I can adapt so the updater does work?

Yaguznal

Explorer
I did a fresh install via cd without formatting and it works fine now. It migrated the settings database I saved before and rebooted. Solved.

cafenfrek

Dabbler
you mentioned 4 paper weights...I have used SSDs, followed the install guide for creating the install media, and created 3 paper weights so far my self. I am glad you were able to solve your issue, but creating paper weights seems to be an issue for me. I am about to abandon FreeNAS if I can't figure out why and go to another system. I just want to set up a reliable NAS and a plex server and have been working on it for 3 dang weeks...way too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.