SOLVED Unstable behaviour on recommended hardware due to Jail/NIC behaviour

nikinp

Contributor
Dear Truenasers, firstly, thank you for being such a supportive and helpful community.
I have been using Truenas/freenas for over 10 years (despite not being technical) and I solder on with the help of the folks here so thank you.
Having said that, I have a significant and recurring issue with a new and fresh build system which I have followed the hardware recommendations (see system 1).
Whenever I try to make jails (either plugin or script) including the Plex plugin I get the splash screen "Connection to Truenas....Nas sure the truenas system is powered on and connected to the network) followed by having to log back into the UI. This is making the system impossible to use.

I previously had a similar issue on my previous build which was also following the hardware guide (which was solved two years ago here with the help of several senior members on this forum and came down to the way Freebsd was interacting with the NIC).
I have a second system (see signature) and it is not having this issue. Hence I am concluding that its likely to do be similar to the former issue. If it is, it seems that the Freebsd bug it relates to is still open). Since that solution was two years ago, I expect many other users have had the same issue and that a simple solution may have been identified?

I would hope that recommended hardware, would not have such issues or at least for it be highlighted as a known issue when its affecting the most basic as using the plex plugin).

Last edited:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
The plugin is deprecated. Use e.g. this script instead.

nikinp

Contributor

nikinp

Contributor
@Patrick M. Hausen
This does indeed seemed solved by the steps taken on my previous build 2 years ago.
I would home that since this is suggested hardware, that we make a note that this bug exists but can be solved somewhere.