Unable to repair/flash a LSI megaraid 9271-8i

Tonnage

Cadet
Hi

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place
I have a home media server that has been running for years that suddenly wont see my raid array. Main use is to store random info and I use it as a plex server.
I am running a LSI megaraid 9271-8i
8 drives setup as raid 50
It’s a Z97-pro gamer board with a i7-4790 cpu and 16gig RAM

It is total overkill for what I use it for, but I like it and it has always worked great!
Until now..
The error I get is shown in the attached image
The internet is full of people that have had the same problem and the solution is apparently to just reflash the raid card.
I have been struggling with this for almost two weeks and am unable to fix it.
What I’ve done:
  • Used a FreeDOS USB with megarec.exe to reflash – same error
  • Storcli and megacli is suggested but try finding the software and a proper step-by-step is just crazy impossible
  • Tried using sas2flash but I'm missing some or other step
Any advice or suggestions are super welcome

Attachments

• raid error.jpg
    raid error.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 129

sretalla