Unable to log into GUI after configuration upload

Janson523

Cadet
Hello everyone. I have run into an issue that I cant seem to get around. I recently installed a new NVME drive with a fresh install of SCALE. After booting up properly, I uploaded my previous configuration file. After the upload, I rebooted and can no longer access the GUI. However, I can access SCALE via SSH (putty). The web browser error is very generic (unable to connect - an error occurred during the connection). I have deleted my browsers cache and tried multiple browsers with no luck. I have a few questions below:
  • How can I troubleshoot this further via the CLI?
  • Is there any way to access the logs via CLI to help diagnose the issue?
  • Do you have to match your configuration version upload to the version of SCALE that it was exported from?

I am fairly new to Truenas and appreciate the help.

Janson523

Cadet
I figured out what the problem was but I have not figured out how to solve it. Truenas scale is failing to set up the web gui HTTPS certificate whenever I try to restore to any of my backup configuration files. I have replicated this by performing a new install of 22.02.2 and 22.02.4. I have also restored two different backup configuration databases and keep getting the same result. At this point, I am unable to log into the gui using HTTPS and have to resort to HTTP which is very unsecure.

I have absolutely no idea how to fix this. I have seen multiple posts of similar issues from other people (specifically core) but have not found any documentation or posts explaining how to resolve this in scale. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am leaving out of the country next week and would like to get this functional before i leave.

Janson523

Cadet
I figured out the issue and wanted to post it in case anyone else runs across this. It seems like the SSL self signed certificate broke when i restored/uploaded the configuration database. I created a new self signed certificate and assigned Truenas Scale to use it. I unchecked for HTTP -> HTTPS redirect to test it and then reenabled it once it tested successfully.

I am not sure if this was a bug or was caused do to me ignorance with the platform.