SOLVED Unable to Delete unwanted Syncthing Folder.

NumberSix

Contributor
Hi
I have a (aparently) working Syncthing setup running, backing up three folders on my Windows 10 PC to my TrueNAS. I needed to alter one of the 3 backed-up folders, so I deleted the old one (called EmailDB) from my PC and also from the settings inside Syncthing - on both the PC and the TrueNAS, as well as deleting the source folder itself, and deleting the still running processes on the PC. While I was able to delete the contents of the backed up EmailDB folder from within the Syncthing folder on TrueNAS (without doing any of this), I cannot delete the empty folder itself.

For extra weird, the undeletable 'EmailDB' folder on the TrueNAS keeps replenishing itself with the 3 large files that were in their to begin with, even though the source on the Windows PC is well and truly deleted, and there is no process running on the PC, and no longer any reference to the old folder (EmailDB) in either version of Syncthing - running or not running.

I tried going into Samba shares on TrueNAS and setting both Share ACL and File system ACL to 'Open', recursively. After that, instead of failing to delete with a message about needing admin privleges, it now fails to delete with no message at all. Just - no reaction to the Delete key. Then I tried closing both copies of Syncthing so they are not running. Still won't delete.

This has become a cortisol fed hair pulling exercise in the quintessence of frustration, so if anyone can tell me what magic runes I am missing, my gratitude will be immense!! Thank you for considering this issue for me.

Last edited:

NumberSix

Contributor
With no reply from this forum after almost 5 days, I revisited the issue and, as inexplicable as everything else about this issue, it went away without intervention. That is, I tried to delete 'EmailDB' for perhaps the 44th time over the last week, but today it just deleted without protest. Quitely succeeded. It's as if the system wanted to be bloody minded for a few days before deciding to comply. Makes absolutely no sense, whatsover, but all ok now.