Unable to create fist pool

balanga

Patron
I started using FreeNAS a good few years ago but don't understand it to any great depth. I just installed it and it works without any problem.

Now I want set up a test system and have completely lost the knack. I realise the system falls below the required minimum hardware but is installed and running, but I can't create my first pool. The system has a single 1TB disk and I know and accept the risks.

When I go to

Storage -> Pools -> Create Pool -> Add -> Create Pool

the disk is shown as available with correct capacity and Type UNKNO. When I select it, it shows up under VDEVS and I get a red warning message saying:-

A stripe data vdev is highly discouraged and will result in data loss if it fails. There is a Force checkbox which I select but I don't see the CREATE option highlighted, so never get to create a pool. I've been through the process a dozen tomes but can't stumble on the correct thing to do.

Could anyone suggest what I have overlooked?

sretalla