Unable to connect to SMB share

dwhite

Dabbler
I've been spinning my wheels getting connected to my SMB shares. I had everything working correctly and had full access except I could not connect to the media share with Plex. Somehow while trying to chase the Plex issue. I managed to get myself locked out of my shares on my Windows machine. I have gone over the settings with a fine tooth comb and continue to come up empty. All of the settings are as they should be according to several YouTube videos and TrueNas data sheets. I can gather any information necessary to post. Thanks in advance for any support.

I can type the \\ipaddress in explorer and see the 2 shares but cannot connect to either one.

1615167948280.png

Dino

Show us the permissions for the datasets that are shared. In the GUI Storage>Pools>TANK>Dataset>Edit Permissions

Is your windows user also named dwhite?

If you choose "map network drive" and then select the option to connect using different credentials, then use dwhites TN creds and still no access?

Dwhite is the only user:group who can access.

dwhite

Dabbler
I've tried all user accounts I have set up in TrueNas and also my windows credentials. Nothing works.

Hmm, it all seems legit. Sorry I have to ask if your sure of the password for dwhite. If its me id try a TN account that is identical in every way to your main windows user. The email associated with your Windows account is also important to set. Then join this user to the dwhite group and or give access via ACLs.

dwhite

Dabbler
Thanks for the input. Calling it quits for the day. Appreciate your input.

dwhite

Dabbler
Does anyone have any further input on this topic? Strange, If I type in the \\10.0.0.106 into explorer I can get to the drives and map them just fine. When I try to access them after they are mapped, I am denied access.

1615241749103.png

1615241806336.png

Every setting is accurate to my understanding. (May not be saying much)

Thanks Dino

Elo

Contributor
Try to add an ACL Item for everybody (a choice in ACL) set as user and give full access. If that works you (might) know its a permissions issue..
The way you have set it up give only on (TrueNAS) user permission and u need to access the share with this user. If you get access after giving everybody full access you can work on setting the permissions correct for the share and the data set (filesystem)...

ALso make backups of the configuration as you then very easy can get back to a known point... It is very easy and quic both to export and import the setings...

dwhite

Dabbler
Try to add an ACL Item for everybody (a choice in ACL) set as user and give full access. If that works you (might) know its a permissions issue..
The way you have set it up give only on (TrueNAS) user permission and u need to access the share with this user. If you get access after giving everybody full access you can work on setting the permissions correct for the share and the data set (filesystem)...

ALso make backups of the configuration as you then very easy can get back to a known point... It is very easy and quic both to export and import the setings...

Thanks for the input. I ended up reinstalling TrueNas and starting from scratch. Finally have it up and running correctly.

Thanks Dino