Unable to completely move system dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorblade

Dabbler
Today I successfully updated my FreeNAS box to 9.2.1.5.
In the settings I found an option named "System dataset pool:" So I tried to move the System dataset pool to another storage pool (Personal).
The new dataset was successfully created and the system was rebooted after that. (just to be sure)
But now I have two .system datasets and I am unable to delete the old one (manually) as it says
Code:
rm: .system/cores: Device busy
rm: .system/syslog: Device busy
rm: .system/samba4: Device busy
rm: .system/: Device busy

df -h now tells me the following:
Code:
BigStore                   3.6T    3.3T    268G    93%    /mnt/BigStore
BigStore/.system           268G     51k    268G     0%    /mnt/BigStore/.system
BigStore/.system/cores     268G     46k    268G     0%    /mnt/BigStore/.system/cores
BigStore/.system/samba4    268G     46k    268G     0%    /mnt/BigStore/.system/samba4
BigStore/.system/syslog    268G     46k    268G     0%    /mnt/BigStore/.system/syslog
Personal                   224G    2.4G    222G     1%    /mnt/Personal
Personal/.system           222G     34k    222G     0%    /mnt/Personal/.system
Personal/.system/cores     222G     31k    222G     0%    /mnt/Personal/.system/cores
Personal/.system/samba4    222G    4.1M    222G     0%    /mnt/Personal/.system/samba4
Personal/.system/syslog    222G    579k    222G     0%    /mnt/Personal/.system/syslog

So, how can I get rid of that 'old' system dataset?

warri

Guru
How are you trying to delete the old dataset? You need to use zfs for that, not rm. Try:
zfs destroy BigStore/.system

Razorblade

Dabbler
Hello warri,

Thanks.
Yes I tried to remove the folder via rm, because I thought this was a folder.

I'll try to remove the dataset with the zfs tools.
But why do I have to do that manually? Shouldn't FreeNAS do that for me while moving the dataset?

warri

Guru
You are right, probably FreeNAS should copy over the old files and delete the old data set. You can add a bug report to https://bugs.freenas.org for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.