Unable to access FreeNAS Mini v11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gk21

Dabbler
Hello All!
I was away from home for 3 weeks, came back today, tried to connect to my shared drive, it wasn't there. I pinged my FreeNAS, no response. Connected a monitor and keyboard to it, nothing, the monitor is not detecting any source.
I rebooted the box a few times, no change. Now, all the LED's are on, the Fan is working, it looks good from the outside.
Please help!

Thank you,

Gary

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Gary:

Why don't you find out if your FreeNAS has an IP address on your network? If you have an Android phone, "fing" is a decent app that will scan your wi-fi network and tell you everything that's on there.

Let's rule out it not being broken before we start ruling in it being broken :)

danb35

Hall of Famer
I rebooted the box a few times, no change.
Did you see anything come up on the monitor at any point when you did this? Sounds suspiciously like another Intel C2000 failure.

gk21

Dabbler
Gary:

Why don't you find out if your FreeNAS has an IP address on your network? If you have an Android phone, "fing" is a decent app that will scan your wi-fi network and tell you everything that's on there.

Let's rule out it not being broken before we start ruling in it being broken :)

But it did have a static IP before, now it's inactive. I did find another IP on my network, when I http to it, I get a page for American Megatrends ASRock Rack

gk21

Dabbler
Did you see anything come up on the monitor at any point when you did this? Sounds suspiciously like another Intel C2000 failure.

Nothing at all, the monitor is in standby doesn't see anything connected to it
It seems like a new IP is associated with the FreeNAS port, it points to an ASRock Rack page.

Adrian

Contributor
Nothing at all, the monitor is in standby doesn't see anything connected to it
It seems like a new IP is associated with the FreeNAS port, it points to an ASRock Rack page.

The "new" IP has probably always been there and is the IPMI address - a little on-board computer which can control power, provide some diagnostics, and provide remote access to the machine console. This last requires Java, and an old Java if the IPMI firmware was not updated.

However, the absence of anything on the monitor does smack of the C2000 failure. See https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/freenas-mini-motherboard-clock-signal-issue/

gk21

Dabbler
Thanks guys! You were right, it's a motherboard failure. I contacted IX systems, and it will be replaced!
Thanks again for everyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.