Ubuntu 16.04 LTS high value for iowait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
Hi guys

Having a little bit of an issue with my Ubuntu server VM, its showing about 50% of my CPU usage as iowait which is really odd as my disk usage stats are basiclly 0 most of the time. I've used iotop and netdata to verify this. I am connected via SMB to the freenas server from within the VM and i have docker running on it, all the docker configs are contained in the SMB share so I dont know if thats causing it. Any ideas what this is and how to fix it.

Thanks
Spencer

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What kind of processor do you have? If you have few cores, there's going to be a ton of context switching going on in that scenario, which is never good for latency. Also applies if your physical resources are oversubscribed.

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
What kind of processor do you have? If you have few cores, there's going to be a ton of context switching going on in that scenario, which is never good for latency. Also applies if your physical resources are oversubscribed.
So I've managed to fix the issue, I think it was down to a couple of issues, first was having all my configs mapped to a network drive over SMB, and the main issue was a DB error that i was having with my Radarr container, I've moved back to CouchPotato and now its working like a dream again. Might be a bug in the current image for Radarr

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If you can narrow it down, file a bug report and post the issue number here. Might be a while before it's looked at, but at least it won't be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.