Freenas NFS Share Permissions - not working with Docker

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigverm23

Dabbler
hoping someone can shed some light for me here

I have a freenas volume named "media" - with a dataset named "media" - a dataset named VMStorage running an ubuntu server VM that hosts Docker - freenas volume is NFS mounted on ubuntu server.

Permissions on freenas volume "media" are set with Owner(user): nobody, Owner(group): nogroup, all boxes checked under Mode (owner, group, other), Permission Type: Unix, and set permission recursively checked.

Among others I have Plex, Sickrage, QBittorrent and CouchPotato running in Docker containers on the Ubuntu Server VM, and although they can all see my shared/mounted Freenas (can point each individual container to the mounted freenas volume), I believe they are not able to write to the folder (copy/move media to) based on the permissions I'm showing below - media downloads properly but never post-processes and gets moved into the mounted freenas volume on Ubuntu Server.

Anyways so freenas mounted volume permissions show on Ubuntu Server VM like this:
/media
drwxr-xr-x+ nobody 65533 /movies
drwxr-xr-x+ nobody 65533 /tvshows

But all of the Docker containers (for the most part) show on Ubuntu Server VM like this (where "user" is my home user):

/docker
drwxr-xr-x+ user docker couchpotato
drwxr-xr-x+ user docker jackett
drwxr-xr-x+ user docker nextcloud
drwxr-xr-x+ user docker ombi
drwxr-xr-x+ user docker organizr
drwxr-xr-x+ user docker qbittorrent
drwxr-xr-x+ user docker radarr
drwxr-xr-x+ user docker sickrage
drwxr-xr-x+ user docker sonarr
drwxr-xr-x+ user 140 deluge
drwxr-xr-x+ user 140 plexmx
drwxr-xr-x+ root root portainer
drwxr-xr-x+ root root shared
drwxr-xr-x+ root root tautulli

Is this what is potentially causing an issue where Sickrage for example is not able to move a completed download from /downloads/completed to /media/tvshows? if so, how do I handle this, do I need to create a user/group on freenas to match that of what is showing for Docker above?

Status
Not open for further replies.