SOLVED TrueNAS Scale - Update issue

friendlyguy

Dabbler
Hi!
I have issues with the update functionality of Truenas SCALE 22.02.4:
1668947989020.png

However, i can ping them just fine from shell:
View attachment 60049
TCP 80 as well as 443 Outbound is allowed.

Network config (simplified) is as follows:
NIC1
--VLAN1: Network Access to Shares, default gateway is in this vlan, DNS1+2 are in this vlan
--VLAN2: Management VLAN, no gateway, used to access the webif
NIC2
- VLAN3: iSCSI only, no gateway

KnightArch

Cadet
Hi there.

I am experiencing this issue but I'm unable to fix. I have checked the certificates and the only one I was able to find is valid until Thu May 11 05:10:03 2023.

Is there any other place where update certificates is located? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "certificate on the update servers" in TrueNAS SCALE. I'm looking into Credentials > Certificates to find only the freenas_default certificate installed.

Thank you in advance.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Hi there.

I am experiencing this issue but I'm unable to fix. I have checked the certificates and the only one I was able to find is valid until Thu May 11 05:10:03 2023.

Is there any other place where update certificates is located? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "certificate on the update servers" in TrueNAS SCALE. I'm looking into Credentials > Certificates to find only the freenas_default certificate installed.

Thank you in advance.

The SSL certificates on the server side have expired. We're discussing this in another thread.

There isn't that much you can do about it. You can set up your own update server and intercept the requests, or you can set up a proxy server and tell it to ignore the certificate validation failure. This will probably be resolved in the next day, I would imagine. You do not need to take any action.

KnightArch

Cadet
Oh thank you, I haven't checked the TrueNAS Core section for a while. I appreciate the faster than light reply. Thank you very much for pointing me the discussion and the suggestions will be enough for me until the issue is fixed.

Again, thank you very much, jgreco!