TrueNas Scale PXE boot server

Cristik

Cadet
Does anyone have any experience in setting up TrueNAS scale as a PXE boot server?
I readed all old post, but unfortunately can't help me.

The TrueNas is installed as virtual machine(bridge static ip with network access) for testing before be installed on physical one.
I created a pool named "storage"
I created a datasets named "tftproot"
I enabled the TFTP service and pointed to the dataset "tftproot"
Also I enabled the SMB service and pointed to the same dataset "tftproot"
From the windows machine I uploaded the windows 10 files( extracted from ISO image).
The DHCP(windows server with active directory) was setup for option 66( boot server hostname) pointed to the IP address of the truenas server and 67(boot file name) set as "pxeboot.0"
Starting new machine and trying to boot over PXE doesn't work. What I miss...?
Same configuration tested also with core version.
Any advice(yt video) would be appreciated...

unixland

Dabbler
install netboot.xyz on a server (vm or physical). See instructions on how to do that. Then configure in TrueNAS SCALE a vm, but leave the boot image empty.

start the vm, it will go into the uefi shell. exit that shell, you get a new boot menu; go to boot manager and select PXE boot. Works for me.

vampirebyte

Dabbler

XxMrTyronexX

Cadet
You can install netboot.xyz as an App from the Community Train.
Hey, I am new to TrueNAS,

I have installed netboot.xyz and have configured my router DHCP option 66 to point to the ip address of my nas and 67 to point to netboot.xyz.efi. I have made sure netboot is appearing as the host network in application settings and I have tried to network booting on my PC and a VM and it is not working still.

There are NO tutorials online showing how to setup netboot.xyz on TrueNAS so I am really stuck. I feel like I am missing something obvious, is there any settings that need to be configured on the TrueNAS server or will the default settings work fine? Is there something else I need to configure on my router? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

sretalla