TRUENAS SCALE: Multiple Local Users, ACLs, Local Groups and Multiple Datasets issue

Hey, so I have a small office which I operate and there I wanted to manage the data and build a server, and I had this PC lying around with some spare hard drives configuration of which is listed below:

CPU: Intel Core i3 - 10100F
Motherboard: Gigabyte B460M DS3H AC
RAM: Crucial 8GB 2400MHz
SSD: 1 X Crucial 500GB SATA SSD
HDD: 4 X Seagate Baracudda 1TB HDD

Now I downloaded the latest version of Trunas Scale and installed it on to the SSD.
Since I have multiple user accessing the data on a regular basis so I wanted to make multiple users and multiple data set for it and so what I did was to create a pool of Raid-Z and which gave me around 2.55TiB and then I added 3 dataset under it like follow:

vault (MAIN POOL)
1. graphicteam
2. install
3. seoteam

and I did not added any quota to it and now I have 3 graphic designers accessing the graphicteam dataset and 1 user accessing install dataset and 5-8 users accessing seoteam dataset. I created 3 groups and users under name as follow:

1. graphics (group)
1. graphics1 (user)
2. management (group)
1. sam (user)
3. seo (group)
1. seoteam (user)

And after doing all this I created SMB Share and in which I shared the vault pool and when I try to connect to it, It doesn't work it may access graphicteam dataset with its user and password but when I try to add seoteam dataset using windows map network drive thing it doesn't work is it something I am missing or there is something I need to configure through ACLs?

Note: I am a noob in this and for those who might recommend me adding 2.5gig/10gig network card and switch yeah I will once it is fully functional and running and please help me if you need any images I will share them with you, TY!

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Typically, you don't SMB share the pool, but the datasets below the pool.

Focus on one dataset at a time... and its ACLs/permissions... and the Community may be able to help you.

Typically, you don't SMB share the pool, but the datasets below the pool.

Focus on one dataset at a time... and its ACLs/permissions... and the Community may be able to help you.
Thanks for the help but I solved it on my own but still thanks appreciate your efforts it was something ACL permissions that I was doing wrong stripping down every permission and then doing it again solved it : )