Migration issues with Truenas Scale 22.02.0

Richardszu

Dabbler
Good morning all,
I just tested my migration to Truena Scale 22.02.0 in a Vmware Workstation Pro VM in my Truenas Core which is currently working fine. Right now, I'm testing all the solutions, before finally migrating to Scale!
[Problem 1]: In a cron job, I configured my NAS to shutdown at 01:00 with the cmd: shutdown -p now which works perfectly in Core. But that refuses to work in Scale 22.02.0 why I don't know?
[Problem 2]: All my ACLs work fine in Core but not in Scale? My needs are family:
1. admin (who has all rights)
2. ...
3. ...
4. carole (who only has access to her files) when she logs into her Windows 10 session. Same login, same password.
My config:
1. Creation of local users
admin > with Primary group: admin Auxiliary groups: builtin_administrators, User+Group+Other: Read, Write, Execute Console: sh Sudo, SMB, Microsoft , Samba > enabled
2. All others >
Primary group: carole Auxiliary groups: builtin_users, User: Read, write, execute Group: Read Other: Empty Console: sh SMB, Microsoft , Samba > enabled
3. I created a dataset Users (View Permissions)
a) Group builtin_users ACL=authorized, Permissions=basic Flags=basic No inhert Permission= read
b) Group builtin_administrators ACL=authorized, Permissions=basic Flags=basic Inherited Permission= Full Control
4. I created a Dataset for each user:

(View Permissions admin)
a) owner@-root ACL type= allowed, Permissions=basic=Full Control, Flags=basic=Inherited
b) group@-root ACL type= allowed, Permissions=basic=Full Control, Flags=basic=Inherited
c) group-builtin_users Type ACL=allowed, Permissions=basic=Full Control, Flags=basic=Inherited

(View User Permissions)
a) owner@-carole ACL type= authorized, Permissions=basic=modify, Flags=basic=No Inherit
b) group@-carole Type ACL= authorized, Permissions=basic =modify, Flags=basic = No Inherit
c) everyone@ ACL type= allowed, Permissions=basic=modify, Flags=basic=No Inherit
Here is my setup! I saw on the forum that there are problems with ACLs in Scale compared to Core...
If anyone could help me that would be great. Waiting for your answers have a good day Richard
PS: Can we configure ACLs with the console in SSH mode?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
[Problem 1]: In a cron job, I configured my NAS to shutdown at 01:00 with the cmd: shutdown -p now which works perfectly in Core. But that refuses to work in Scale 22.02.0 why I don't know?

This is the difference in syntax between Core (which is based on FreeBSD, and uses the BSD syntax for shutdown), and Scale (which is based on Debian, and uses the Linux syntax for shutdown).

For Scale, use shutdown -h now.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
You don't configure ACLs from console. webui should be sufficient. Maybe check that your SMB shares (or SMB service) don't have random auxiliary parameters in them. These can break SMB shares post-migration.

Richardszu

Dabbler
This is the difference in syntax between Core (which is based on FreeBSD, and uses the BSD syntax for shutdown), and Scale (which is based on Debian, and uses the Linux syntax for shutdown).

For Scale, use shutdown -h now.
Thank you Samuel Taï for this super fast response. It works perfectly, the shutdown problem is solved. Have a great day see you soon Richard

Richardszu

Dabbler
You don't configure ACLs from console. webui should be sufficient. Maybe check that your SMB shares (or SMB service) don't have random auxiliary parameters in them. These can break SMB shares post-migration.
Thanks anodos I reviewed all the ACL configuration I fixed all the errors comparing with Truenas Core and now it works. thank you for your help see you soon