TrueNAS Scale guest hangs during shutdown if LACP setup

Josetann

Cadet
I have TrueNAS running as a guest in Proxmox. Everything is working great. Have data drives directly passed through to TrueNAS (they're U.2 SSDs) as well as the NIC. Today I added a second NIC and setup LACP and everything seemed to work ok (I didn't fully test the bonding, but I was able to access everything as before). I noticed that now the TrueNAS guest hangs when shutdown, regardless of if it's shutdown in the guest (i.e. via TrueNAS itself) or via proxmox, with or without Guest Agent enabled. By hang, I mean you get the yellow exclamation mark, you have to wait for the shutdown attempt to timeout (or manually cancel) then select Stop instead (which simulates a hard shutdown i.e. power cut). I don't think this is that bad on the guest OS, since it appears to be hanging right at the point it should be powering off, but it's certainly an annoyance.

Removed the new NIC from the LACP settings (so now it's a bond with just the old NIC). Same issue. Physically removed the new NIC, same issue. If I completely remove the LACP bond and use the NIC directly...everything works again.

It's not an urgent issue, but I am curious if anyone else has run into this and knows what's causing it. Is it just with Proxmox or does it affect bare metal installs as well?