FreeNAS lacp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellpe

Cadet
I'm new to FreeNAS but have been reading thru the forums for awhile, so please bear with me. Setup is as such -

FreeNAS 8.0.4
- Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port NIC
- lagg0 configured as LACP
- Onboard Marvel gigabit nic for admin

Server - Windows
- Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port NIC
- Teamed and configured for LACP
- Onboard Intel gigabit nic for Admin

Switch
- Dedicated Huawei S5700-28C-EI
- Two pairs currently configured as LACP ports
- One port vlaned for admin, rest vlaned for dedicated network for iSCSI

Admin NICs are on a separate switch.

I'm currently looking at using the FreeNAS for iSCSI on the Win7 box.

Essentially the switch I see is cycling in it's log and bouncing the LACP config for only the FreeNAS side, and as a result never truly bringing the network up. If I turn off LACP on the switch (for just the two FreeNAS ports), then switch to standard LAG, then configure FreeNAS to use one of the other methods such as load balance, it works fine. I thought it may have been the switch (it's brand new) maybe having a bug, but I see from searches others are using TP-Link, and the Windows side has been solid.

I'm also seeing another potentially related/unrelated issue that if I remove the LACP port from config on the FreeNAS ui, the whole box seems to ether loose networking or hang (I lose access thru the 3rd nic used for admin.) I haven't dug too deeply yet to see if it's actually locked or just lost it's mind with the NICs, I'll check tonight when I get home as it's currently in this state again now...

Thanks!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
For starters, if you want to use iSCSI with your server you are better off doing MPIO than LACP. So you might want to abandon your current plans and go to a different configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.