TrueNAS Scale 22.01-RC.1, 1-1, 1-2 Unable to update custom dockers

So i've been running scale for awhile now, before radarr and sonarr were in the list of installable apps, so i manually created mine using their docker image. They've been working a treat but randomly today when I logged in, i couldn't upgrade them any longer when it says an update is available. I also noticed that the version number for all manually installed dockers have _2111.0 appeded to the end where 'latest' is. When i attempt upgrade any of them now, it gives me the error:

SHORT:
[EFAULT] Failed to upgrade chart release: Error: UPGRADE FAILED: execution error at (ix-chart/templates/workload.yaml:9:7): RollingUpdate is not allowed when host network is enabled

LONG:
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 382, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 418, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1263, in nf
    return await func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1131, in nf
    res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 114, in upgrade
    await self.upgrade_chart_release(job, release, options)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 295, in upgrade_chart_release
    await self.middleware.call('chart.release.helm_action', release_name, chart_path, config, 'upgrade')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1310, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1278, in _call
    return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1182, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 674, in helm_action
    raise CallError(f'Failed to {tn_action} chart release: {stderr.decode()}')
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to upgrade chart release: Error: UPGRADE FAILED: execution error at (ix-chart/templates/workload.yaml:9:7): RollingUpdate is not allowed when host network is enabled

I tried upgrading to RC.1-1 to see if it fixed it, and just upgraded to 1-2 last night, but it's still the same. All apps that were installed via the normal scale app install methods are fine. I do have one manually installed docker image that still allows me to upgrade when it sees an update, and i've compared config settings and short of a few different env var's, they're the same.

Has anyone else seen this? I googled the heck out of the errors to no avail. Obviously the host network enabled message is straight forward, but i've changed nothing on the system, and other "working" apps are configured the same.

So after much playing, if i uncheck "Provide access to node network namespace for the workload" it'll upgrade but then I have to use a port forward to get to the app from the node. Trying to turn the setting back on after upgrade just gives me the "RollingUpdate is not allowed when host network is enabled" error and won't save.

I guess i'll just update ports etc and let it roll. Hopefully this helps someone else. I've confirmed that my working docker images have this button still selected and upgrade just fine... i'm at a loss.

kenator

Cadet
So after much playing, if i uncheck "Provide access to node network namespace for the workload" it'll upgrade but then I have to use a port forward to get to the app from the node. Trying to turn the setting back on after upgrade just gives me the "RollingUpdate is not allowed when host network is enabled" error and won't save.

I guess i'll just update ports etc and let it roll. Hopefully this helps someone else. I've confirmed that my working docker images have this button still selected and upgrade just fine... i'm at a loss.
Hi, I have the same issue, even launching a new image via GUI. Cannot get connections to containers bitnami/[apache][phpmyadmin]: connection refused. How did you solve the access to the container ports?

kenator

Cadet
Hi, I have the same issue, even launching a new image via GUI. Cannot get connections to containers bitnami/[apache][phpmyadmin]: connection refused. How did you solve the access to the container ports?
BTW: 22.02-RC.1-2

LarsR

Guru
switch the update policy to "Kill existing pods before creating new ones" that solved it for me