TrueNAS-SCALE-21.06-BETA.1 SMB Connect with MacOS 11.4

teqqyde

Cadet
Hi,
i have a very strange problem with my recently updated TrueNAS Scale System. Just our MacOS 11.4 Systems (M1 and non M1 Systems) cannot connect via SMB oder CIFS. All other Client like iOS oder Windows 10 21H1 works fine. Its not a ACL Problem which most others have, because of working clients.

What i tried:
- System reboot
- MacOS PRAM Reset
- Remove all SMB shares, disable SMB Service, reboot and setup again
- Remove all possible keychain entries on macos

Additionally it also does not show up via mDNS in Finder any more. Avahi-Daemon runs fine on the truenas system. syslog and samba4 logs does not show any errors. On macos side i also tried some things but all without success.

If anyone need more information, i can provide you with that. Thanks for your help.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I'd suggest reporting it as bug.. especially if you can login with same Id on a Windows machine.

LouisB

Dabbler
I have same issue when accessing with hostname... but i can successfully connect with the IP address.

pblab

Cadet
Having the same problem (M1 macos monterey and hackintosh with big sur). I use ConnectMeNow (beta version) to manage all my Shares. With this tool I can mount CIFS/NFS without any issues even with FQDN).

Maybe you want to give it a try :smile:

Best,
Patrick

j_r0dd

Contributor
I am also having the same issue. I have to toggle mDNS off and on to get it discoverable on Mac again. I can edit files, but time machines have stopped backing up on 3 different Mac’s. Last backups were on 7/13 if that helps narrow down to whatever change is interfering. I am running nightlies so I haven’t really done much investigating tbh.