TrueNAS Mobile Apps

Cloudified

Dabbler
As I prepare for my TrueNAS build on a Mini XL+, I am wondering if there are any plans to release any mobile apps for basic TrueNAS management. A companion app that works with TrueCommand Cloud would be awesome just be able to check the system health on the go.

The existing webGUI already works on mobile phones and tablets.

If you want to access files, you can do that already by connecting via SMB
Code:
smb://{ip or hostname}

What more do you need?

Cloudified

Dabbler

If you want to access files, you can do that already by connecting via SMB
Code:
smb://{ip or hostname}

What more do you need?
I don’t have my Mini XL+ yet, so I didn’t know about mobile experience via the web. I was mainly looking for something that would work off-network via the TrueCommand Cloud dashboard or something like that. Mobile apps are far more convenient than using a mobile web browser not to mention authenticating with Face ID, for example. I can always connect via my UniFi tunnel instead I guess. Thanks for responding.

opensourcefan

Dabbler

What more do you need?
I don't know, I'm using the mobile view I think (unless there's a setting or something I'm missing) but it's messy.

For example going to Data Protection, many items hang off the screen, can't side scroll, some items are over top of each other. Generally it isn't consistent throughout. It's actually better fighting through desktop view on the mobile.

Maybe I'm missing something but having a mobile view that is solid would be great. I know a dedicated app for mobile would be a pain to create and maintain. Maybe there's another way.

Full screen screenshot minus phone service header. I can't scroll side to side to see the rest.
Screenshot_2022-08-13-22-50-30-67_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg