Truenas ISCSI Issue

xlameee

Explorer
Hello

I upgraded to Truenas few weeks a go and I am trying to setup ISCSI for esxi 6.5. I've done this 100 times on freenas never had any issues and now

I tried to do it manually and by the new wizard on truenas still have the same problem when I try to create a datastore on esxi I get this message

"Failed to create VMFS datastore VM_ISCSI - Cannot change the host configuration"

Here is the /var/log/vmkernel.log

Code:
2021-01-23T19:49:42.603Z cpu2:2100415)WARNING: Partition: 1261: Partition table read from device naa.6589cfc000000347d99042b7e911d4ab failed: Failure
2021-01-23T19:49:42.604Z cpu2:2100415)Partition: 564: GUID Partitition Entry Array CRC invalid for device "naa.6589cfc000000347d99042b7e911d4ab". origCrc=0xfb2206c calculated=0x116d85bd. hdrlba=1
2021-01-23T19:49:42.604Z cpu2:2100415)Partition: 676: Read from primary gpt table failed on "naa.6589cfc000000347d99042b7e911d4ab".
2021-01-23T19:49:42.606Z cpu2:2100415)Partition: 564: GUID Partitition Entry Array CRC invalid for device "naa.6589cfc000000347d99042b7e911d4ab". origCrc=0xfb2206c calculated=0x86ec96c5. hdrlba=1
2021-01-23T19:49:42.606Z cpu2:2100415)Partition: 676: Read from primary gpt table failed on "naa.6589cfc000000347d99042b7e911d4ab".

Thank you

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
That me be the ZFS issue we patched in 12.0-U1.1. have you updated all the way yet?

xlameee

Explorer
no I am in TrueNAS 12-RELEASE

12.0-U1.1 is not a production release I hope I don't have issue with that I use freenas truenas for ISCSI

This truenas of yours is complete mess now I have to rebuild my whole system

I will delete it and until I am sure there realy stable releases I will not go back :(

I needed a ISCSI only and seems that's the only thing that is not working

It was working until I updated the new to the new zfs

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1247, in _execute_context
    self.dialect.do_execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 590, in do_execute
    cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
sqlite3.IntegrityError: NOT NULL constraint failed: services_iscsitargetauthcredential.iscsi_target_auth_peersecret

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 137, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1195, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 455, in create
    rv = await self.middleware._call(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1195, in _call
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 973, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/iscsi.py", line 333, in do_create
    data['id'] = await self.middleware.call(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1238, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 973, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/datastore/write.py", line 31, in insert
    await self.middleware.call('datastore.execute_write', table.insert().values(**insert))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1238, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/datastore/connection.py", line 65, in execute_write
    return await self.middleware.run_in_executor(self.thread_pool, self._execute_write, sql, binds)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1110, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/datastore/connection.py", line 68, in _execute_write
    result = self.connection.execute(sql, binds)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 976, in execute
    return self._execute_text(object_, multiparams, params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1145, in _execute_text
    ret = self._execute_context(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1287, in _execute_context
    self._handle_dbapi_exception(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1481, in _handle_dbapi_exception
    util.raise_(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/compat.py", line 178, in raise_
    raise exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1247, in _execute_context
    self.dialect.do_execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 590, in do_execute
sqlalchemy.exc.IntegrityError: (sqlite3.IntegrityError) NOT NULL constraint failed: services_iscsitargetauthcredential.iscsi_target_auth_peersecret
[SQL: INSERT INTO services_iscsitargetauthcredential (iscsi_target_auth_tag, iscsi_target_auth_user, iscsi_target_auth_secret, iscsi_target_auth_peeruser) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)]
[parameters: (1, 'user', 'pass', '')]
(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/gkpj)

self.dialect.do_execute(
sqlite3.IntegrityError: NOT NULL constraint failed: services_iscsitargetauthcredential.iscsi_target_auth_peersecret

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 137, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,

Last edited:

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
12.1-U1.1 is a production release, the notice in the UI is in error and will go away after U2. Suggest you upgrade right away to have these issues resolved.

xlameee

Explorer
12.1-U1.1 is a production release, the notice in the UI is in error and will go away after U2. Suggest you upgrade right away to have these issues resolved.
I did and I get those errors after upgrade to 12.1-U1.1

The last error is when I try to create Authorized Access

The 1st error is when I try to create ISCSI with the wizard

xlameee

Explorer
I have also installed truenas as vm I also get the same error. All installed versions with updated ZFS drives are getting this bug
Are you going to fix that anytime soon I need ISCSI please

There is no way I can create in truenas zvol with the old zfs am I right?

I have to install the freenas build the zvol and then upgrade to truenas but without upgrading the zfs to the new one if I want to use truenas with ISCSI well until this problem is fixed

I like the interface of the truenas but untill iscsi is useless I have go back to freenas

Thank you

Last edited:

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Soon, 12.0-U2 is slated to release next week and should have this and many other issues resolved.

viniciusferrao

Contributor
I did and I get those errors after upgrade to 12.1-U1.1

The last error is when I try to create Authorized Access

The 1st error is when I try to create ISCSI with the wizard

Once the data has been corrupted there's nothing you can do.

The 12.0-U1.1 avoids new corruptions. Do not run 12.0-RELEASE or 12.0-U1. Only 12.0-U1.1.

xlameee

Explorer
Once the data has been corrupted there's nothing you can do.

The 12.0-U1.1 avoids new corruptions. Do not run 12.0-RELEASE or 12.0-U1. Only 12.0-U1.1.

What data ???? I removed the old pool created new one and new zvol and I still get those errors

and that error is when I try to create Block Shares (ISCSI) Authorized Access Only

This is what I get:

Code:
    self.dialect.do_execute(

bluecloud

Cadet
i just upgraded to the latest TrueNAS Core version and iscsi will not start / stop... no ports listening on 3260 using netstat -ln

xlameee

Explorer
i just upgraded to the latest TrueNAS Core version and iscsi will not start / stop... no ports listening on 3260 using netstat -ln

Yeah tell me about it. I should never upgraded to truenas ISCSI was the only feature I use and that's the only feature that is not working. I told this is because I upgraded to the new zvol, but it is not the whole truenas core is full of bugs. It took me over 1 week to get my systems in order and Installed production release I can't even begin to imagine what the development version can do to your system.

I had to delete all 380TB of data and sync it back from my Europe servers. Europe - USA is still syncing and will sync for a very long time. Probably until the TrueNAS is ready for a production :)

This looks like FreeNAS Corral Looks beautiful but full of bugs. I suggest you go back to FreeNAS it seems TrueNAS Core is not yet ready
I went back to FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE with Legacy interface, but it working

Last edited:

bluecloud

Cadet
mine is working now... i couldn't use the wizard.. every time I did it didn't work as intended... creating everything from scratch.. new names.. file based not drive based... works fine