TruenAS Core/SMB shares, how badly did I screw up?

Steiner-SE

Dabbler
Quite new to Free/TrueNAS and have set up a bunch of SMB shares to use in my little net of VM machines (Mainly Server 2016/2019). It kinda works but constantly running into permission problems when moving/deleting files.
What I realized is that for every SMB share I've set up I'be missed and not set one of the option, the "Default Share Parameters". Now I'm thinking should have set that to either Multi purpose NFS/SMB or to private SMB (although I have no idea what it exactly does or which might be better).
For ACLs I use restricted and give full permissions to owner@ and group@ and apply recursively/traverse.
On the windows side it doesn't seem it actually apply recursively as existing folders and files still have old permissions and when checking the permissions on the user/group I set as owner not all permissions are set, only "special", all the other checkboxes are empty.
Now when I go back and check ACL for the shares a bunch of extra items other than owner@ and group@ I didn't set are present in each shares ACL list.

As stated most of my machines will be Windows 10/2016 or better based, but there will be the odd Linux box (possibly), but likely only Windows machines will access these shares. Did I screw up badly and any suggestions on how to clean things up a bit and make sure everything is optimal. Any advice for setting up further shares?

This is TrueNAS Core 12 beta.
On all the servers I'm logged in as an admin group user with the same name and password set up on the NAS as the owner/group, all machines are set to the workgroup from the SMB config.
So basically, all shares will be accessed through SMB from Windows 10 of higher machines and accessed by 1 user sharing between the different machines.

Edit:
Oh and I now also realize that when creating all the datasets they were set to generic, not SMB shares, how much will that impact things?

Last edited: