Set SMB permissions recursively not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaja

Dabbler
After first installation I played with shares, users and settings. I ended up creating dataset media and sharing it as SMB share. Now on that dataset I have some folders created as user 1000, group wheel, which I would like removed.

I tried adding my user to group wheel, no luck.

I tried modifying permissions on that dataset and enabling Set permission recursively, again no luck. It does not change owner of those folders.

I enabled login for root in ssh service and manually deleted one folder, but I really do not like that approach.

Is there option to reset permissions on all folders in dataset to default windows style owner/group?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
After first installation I played with shares, users and settings. I ended up creating dataset media and sharing it as SMB share. Now on that dataset I have some folders created as user 1000, group wheel, which I would like removed.

I tried adding my user to group wheel, no luck.

I tried modifying permissions on that dataset and enabling Set permission recursively, again no luck. It does not change owner of those folders.

I enabled login for root in ssh service and manually deleted one folder, but I really do not like that approach.

Is there option to reset permissions on all folders in dataset to default windows style owner/group?

The option you're looking for is "apply default permissions" under the share settings in the web ui.

Status
Not open for further replies.