Truenas Core NVidia transcoding update?

Athian

Cadet
Good afternoon,

I would like to preface my post with saying that I know very little about what I am about to ask. So please keep this in mind, thank you. I have gotten a good amount of help with getting it set up in the most basic way. I realize for what I am using it for is quite a bit overkill, but I already had the hardware so I did not see a point in buying something else.

Hardware:
EVGA Z370 Classified K Motherboard
I7-9700K
32gigs ddr4
8x WD Red 4TB CMR drives (Main storage)
2x 256gig Kingston SSD's (Programs/Plugins storage)
2x 256gigs Samsung NVME (Main drives that Truenas Core is installed on.)
8i 8port internal SAS card (Sorry, cannot remember the name, will update when I get home.)
NVidia P1000

It is a simple NAS for storying my shows and movies and stream them in plex. I am trying to keep it as simple as possible because I want to be able to repair it on my own down the road without needing hopefully any, but mostly too much help.

What I am wanting to know is if GPU transcoding on Truenas Core has been updated to support it a bit more easily. I have looked online and found some guides, but they mostly seem to be for other NAS software and I am not familiar enough with it to implement it into Truenas Core, let alone check if it will work.

So, I am reaching out to the community to see if there is an up to date guide/video that I can use to get it working or if I should just scrap Core and go with Scale.

Sorry for the long post for such a simple question, trying to follow the rules. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.