TrueNAS Core 13.0-U2 UPS NUT snmp-ups timing issue - connection refused

Gcon

Explorer
On boot up on TrueNAS Core 13.0-U2 I always get UPS connection refused. If I toggle the UPS service via the GUI it then it is fine (and stays fine). I had this same issue on an earlier build of 12.x but in later builds it went away. My workaround then was to turn on Netwait (Network / Global Configuration) just pinging default GW.

This issue cropped up again in 13.0-U2, which I upgraded from the latest one in the 12 series.

root@gtnas01[~]# upsc GT-UPS-1@localhost
Error: Connection failure: Connection refused
root@gtnas01[~]#

Like I said, now toggling UPS service in the GUI makes it work fine again. I guess I can live with Netwait - hopefully that doesn't have any negative consequences. I have turned Netwait back on and the issue went away.

NugentS

MVP
Hardware? Including UPS hardware and how its attached please

Gcon

Explorer
Hardware hasn't changed since logging the original ticket here: https://ixsystems.atlassian.net/browse/NAS-108374

My post was more of a "If you get this issue with your Ethernet-attached UPS then try turning on netwait" kind of heads-up message for future-surfers, but if you are able to resolve the issue so that netwait doesn't need to be turned on - then all power to you.