Truenas core 12 with OpenVPN and 2FA

1.21gigawatts

Explorer
[apologies if this was posted earlier this afternoon]

I am setting up remote access for a client's network. I have installed OpenVPN by following this tutorial: https://youtu.be/YEkfW4aC9Rk and it works OK, but I worry about security. I have a few users who believe that they are smarter than the rest of the world and can't / won't leave their home computers and laptops alone. One guy has TWICE allowed one of those "I'm from Microsoft and your computer is making errors on the internet" guys to install god-knows-what software on his PC, then realizing that something bad was happening, he takes his computer to his "IT Guy" who is just a tech at a big-box store and paying them to "fix" it.

Obviously, allowing users like this to connect their personal computers to the network file server is just inviting disaster. What I would like to do is add 2FA to the VPN sign-in.

Is there any sort of instruction available on how to do this? I'm no genius at configuring such things, but I'm very good at following instructions.

As an alternative, would it be possible to use 2FA for users to log into Truenas and then somehow go from there to connecting them to VPN? It seems like there ought to be a way, but nothing comes immediately to mind.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.