TrueNAS Core 12 issue with NFS share

BigSteve

Cadet
I am using an NFS share for an XCP vdi storage location. I can see the disks if I mount the share from my laptop, but for some reason, XCP does not recognize the disks that are present. I can "create" a new VDI on the share, but I can't see those disks on my laptop. Thoughts on next steps for troubleshooting?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Interesting, it almost sounds like each system is mounting a different NFS share. If you look on the TrueNAS do you have more than one NFS share defined? What do you see on the local filesystem?

BigSteve

Cadet
Interesting, it almost sounds like each system is mounting a different NFS share. If you look on the TrueNAS do you have more than one NFS share defined? What do you see on the local filesystem?
The local filesystem shows the original disks and other files that belong there. I can't see any of the new disks. I was changing some settings/permissions, and now I can't get it to load at all. I can still see the files locally, and I can connect from my laptop. XCP cannot connect at all anymore.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Wondering if some of your permissions changes caused this. Not sure what XCP expects here as to how its VDI's are stored. If you make a new disk from XCP, can you compare its permissions to the files you already have?

BigSteve

Cadet
Wondering if some of your permissions changes caused this. Not sure what XCP expects here as to how its VDI's are stored. If you make a new disk from XCP, can you compare its permissions to the files you already have?
I'm not sure what the original issue was, but it appears to be working now. Must have been the permissions, and fixed on a reset? It was only the NFS vdi's that caused an issue, I had a iscsi system that worked without issue.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Sounds like maybe so. Glad its working now though!

BigSteve

Cadet
Well, I'm back to not working. I'm not sure what is going on, but I cannot get my NFS virtual disks to run. Open to any ideas/suggestions. The error I am getting in XCP is a tapdisk error, connection refused. Sounds like permissions based, but I can migrate other VDI's to the share, and they seem to run fine. The one disk that was there during the upgrade to TrueNAS is the one that is giving me the error.