TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1 & Mac clients breaks smbd ?!

tiberiusQ

Contributor
Hi,

Running this Truenas box since years with Windows and Mac clients, today I created a new share which is intended especially for mac and windows users and I saw an pretty exotic behavior;

Mapping the share with windows and mac went fine, but if a windows user tries to delete a file or folder created by a mac client it seems to work BUT instantaneously the file or folder came back and now it says permission denied - Just a mac user seems to be able to delete it.

Further I received the follwoing error message:
kernel: pid 56792 (smbd), jid 0, uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)
&
* The following system core files were found: smbd.core. Please create a ticket at https://jira.ixsystems.com/ and attach the relevant core files along with a system debug. Once the core files have been archived and attached to the ticket, they may be removed by running the following command in shell: 'rm /var/db/system/cores/*'.

The only special setting I have since years is under services smbd > Enable Apple SMB2/3 Protocol Extensions

Any ideas ?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi,

Running this Truenas box since years with Windows and Mac clients, today I created a new share which is intended especially for mac and windows users and I saw an pretty exotic behavior;

Mapping the share with windows and mac went fine, but if a windows user tries to delete a file or folder created by a mac client it seems to work BUT instantaneously the file or folder came back and now it says permission denied - Just a mac user seems to be able to delete it.

Further I received the follwoing error message:
kernel: pid 56792 (smbd), jid 0, uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)
&
* The following system core files were found: smbd.core. Please create a ticket at https://jira.ixsystems.com/ and attach the relevant core files along with a system debug. Once the core files have been archived and attached to the ticket, they may be removed by running the following command in shell: 'rm /var/db/system/cores/*'.

The only special setting I have since years is under services smbd > Enable Apple SMB2/3 Protocol Extensions

Any ideas ?
Can you PM me a debug please.