Truecharts stuck at 40%

Alexisza

Cadet
I have followed the instructions of the quick start Truecharts guide but have been stuck at "Validating 'Truecharts' catalog" at 40%. I set the name to "truecharts" the repository to "https://github.com/truecharts/catalog" the preferred trains to "stable" and the branch to "main." I have tried multiple times but have not been successful and would like some additional help. When I click "view logs" I get one of two errors. Either "[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/ix-applications/validate_catalogs/github_com_truecharts_catalog_main/dependency/collabora-online/12.1.35'" or "[EINVAL] catalog_create.preferred_trains: core trains were not found in catalog."

I kept trying and it went through one of the times. I can't figure out how to delete the post so I will leave this comment here. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1662432750596.png
    1662432750596.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 831

Tofferings

Cadet
I'm also having this issue. I have tried multiple times but it hangs at 40%. Any resolve to this?

pioto

Cadet
I'm in the same boat, on a fresh install off SCALE.

After a reboot the stuck task was still there, but CPU for middlewared / asyncio_loop was back down to normal. I attempted to add TrueCharts again and even after waiting a half hour, it's still just hanging out at 40% on the task, with CPU at 100% for 1 core, spent in middlewared.

pioto

Cadet
Following up, it seems it did finally finish this morning, though one task is still stuck at 40% (likely the one I interrupted with a reboot).

FabrizioR8

Dabbler
Why is this catalog refresh/update cycle so compute intensive and blocking normal operations for tens of minutes, up to 40 minutes in my case as the system parses all of the catalog data updates (or lack thereof)...?

georgelza

Patron
seem i'm also stuck at this 40%, at a validating phase, that then fails...
yes i've posted the catalog without quotes.
using stable core enterprise as trains and main branch.
anything else I'm missing.
G

rodneysing

Cadet
I'm having this issue as well, but don't know how to solve: I cannot get the latest truechart catalog from the github site. I'm running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.4.2 and really stuck. Any help and guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!

rodneysing

Cadet
I did some poking around and found that the root cause of my problem may be network related. Other posts I saw seemed to confirm this. When I look at the TrueNAS SCALE NIC traffic while the github site is being was slow: < 3 kBi. Have others had a similar experience? Thanks!

rodneysing

Cadet
Is there anyway, besides setting up a VM on top of TrueNAS SCALE, to measure the max speed of NIC interactions?

Electrodydy

Cadet
same here i have two errors :
[EINVAL] catalog_create.preferred_trains: entreprise trains were not found in catalog.
&
[EINVAL] catalog_create.label: Failed to validate catalog: [EFAULT] Failed to clone ' https://github.com/truecharts/catalog' repository at '/tmp/ix-applications/validate_catalogs/github_com_truecharts_catalog_main' destination: [EFAULT] Failed to clone ' https://github.com/truecharts/catalog' repository at '/tmp/ix-applications/validate_catalogs/github_com_truecharts_catalog_main' destination: Cloning into '/tmp/ix-applications/validate_catalogs/github_com_truecharts_catalog_main'... fatal: protocol ' https' is not supported

Ascar

Cadet
I managed to add Truecharts to my NAS on second attempt.
Initially I added 'core' to the trains. In a few minutes after starting catalog creation I got the error 'Error: [EINVAL] catalog_create.preferred_trains: core trains were not found in catalog.'

Tried again without core and now I have a gob of apps from Truecharts, and yes the selection is very different from what you get from Truenas catalog.