Error installing TrueCharts

I'm new to TrueNas and have been trying to add TrueCharts as a new catalog yet I keep getting the same error;

Code:
Failed to validate catalog: [EFAULT] Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truecharts/catalog' repository at '/var/run/middleware/ix-applications/validate_catalogs/github_com_truecharts_catalog_main' destination: [EFAULT] Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truecharts/catalog' repository...

I've been reading through the forum and;
  • The bios time/date is correct
  • I can get to the network correctly
  • Restarted the server (multiple times
I am running TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1.1

Does anyone have any ideas why it keeps erroring?

I can send over the full error that comes up but it's rather long.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

ashe0047

Cadet
I am having the same issue as you here with the same error code and log. I saw in one of the forum that it might be that you RAM requirement is not met which is a minimum of 16GB ram

homekid

Cadet
I'm also having the same issue.

I saw in one of the forum that it might be that you RAM requirement is not met which is a minimum of 16GB ram

I'm currently running 8Gb, my 32Gb order not arrived yet... In that case hopefully it'll solve the problem

Belperite

Dabbler
Just cloning a repo isn't massively RAM-intensive. Need to see more of the error logs.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
The error message looks like you haven't configured a pool for your applications and so the git repo is being cloned to a /var/run which is a tmpfs filesystem with limited space (major problem). This will be addressed in 23.10.2 by preventing configuring 3rd party charts without necessary ix-applications dataset configuration first. Configure a pool / dataset first then set up charts.

homekid

Cadet
The error message looks like you haven't configured a pool for your applications and so the git repo is being cloned to a /var/run which is a tmpfs filesystem with limited space (major problem). This will be addressed in 23.10.2 by preventing configuring 3rd party charts without necessary ix-applications dataset configuration first. Configure a pool / dataset first then set up charts.
Thanks! Found the same problem elsewhere, also mentioning the tmpfs problem! ix-application dataset already exist, because i’m using the official charts version of PiHole and its running!

jbp

Cadet
Thanks! Found the same problem elsewhere, also mentioning the tmpfs problem! ix-application dataset already exist, because i’m using the official charts version of PiHole and its running!
Were you able to resolve this issue of adding truecharts? I initially had setup a fresh install using v 23.10.2, but the chart update got stuck at 40% and CPU usage ta 100%. Tried a couple of different solutions posted online, nothing worked.
Finally got frustrated and decided to install 23.10.1.1 thinking that would work, but now I get the same error you're getting.

Error: [EINVAL] catalog_create.label: Failed to validate catalog: [EFAULT] Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truecharts/catalog' repository at '/var/run/middleware/ix-applications/validate_catalogs/github_com_truecharts_catalog_main' destination: [EFAULT] Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truecharts/catalog' repository at '/var/run/middleware/ix-applications/validate_catalogs/github_com_truecharts_catalog_main' destination: Cloning into '/var/run/middleware/ix-applications/validate_catalogs/github_com_truecharts_catalog_main'...
I have selected the pool for the app and see the ix-applications dataset created in that pool.

Would really appreciate some insight on this.

jbp

Cadet
Were you able to resolve this issue of adding truecharts? I initially had setup a fresh install using v 23.10.2, but the chart update got stuck at 40% and CPU usage ta 100%. Tried a couple of different solutions posted online, nothing worked.
Finally got frustrated and decided to install 23.10.1.1 thinking that would work, but now I get the same error you're getting.

I have selected the pool for the app and see the ix-applications dataset created in that pool.

Couldn't edit my message.
I have 32 GB of RAM.

homekid

Cadet

After I've installed the 32GB Ram I got it working! The installing of TrueCharts took a lot of time, it was at last 20 minutes and it looked like it was stucked at 40% with 100% CPU usage for me too. Keep in mind that truecharts has a tons of apps, it shows 830 now for me.

Take a look at this thread, maybe you can check the size of the tmpfs.

Also after some research, I've found an another related thread too.

jbp

Cadet
After I've installed the 32GB Ram I got it working! The installing of TrueCharts took a lot of time, it was at last 20 minutes and it looked like it was stucked at 40% with 100% CPU usage for me too. Keep in mind that truecharts has a tons of apps, it shows 830 now for me.

Take a look at this thread, maybe you can check the size of the tmpfs.

Also after some research, I've found an another related thread too.
Thanks for replying. I already had 32GB ram to being with. I had followed the other threads you linked and both tmpfs and bios clock were OK.

Eventually what worked for me was to use the force update option. This downloaded truecharts without any errors.