Truecharts wont install after 40%

Mrtuck1

Cadet
I have tried for the past couple of months to add true charts to my truenas scale. Every time I try to add it the install gets to 40% then turns off my server. I just upgraded my ram so I have 24 gigs of ram, I figured that would help with the install.
I followed the instructions from truechats site. Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone know how to see the error log?
Any help would be great!
  1. After reading the iXsystems notice, click Continue and enter the required information:
    Name: truecharts
    Repository: https://github.com/truecharts/catalog
    Preferred Trains: enterprise and stable
    Branch: main

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You seem to have found the right page to get set up for TrueCharts.

Did you also check the prerequisites (and in particular these 2)?:

NugentS

MVP
May I suggest that if your server is turning off - then you likley have a hardware issue. Probably memory, but might be PSU.

First I suggest running memtest for a minimum of 24 hours and go from there.

Also, as per forum rules, please post your hardware as otherwise we are just guessing.

DigitalMinimalist

Contributor
Same problem here.

I have the catalog.create task in task manager stuck at 40%. Restarting the server did not solve the issue - any other way to kill the task and retry installing the truechart catalogs?

rodneysing

Cadet
I just set up TrueNAS Scale on an 11th generation, R410 Dell PowerEdge server, with 256GB of RAM, 2 Quad core Xeon CPUs and 16TB of hard drive space. The NAS system files were installed on a separate bootable internal USB SATA drive. Starting out, things worked fine, creating pools, assigning shared storage, and adding users. But thing I’m most interested in getting to work are the apps, and am having the same problem this thread reefers to: catalog.create task in task manager stuck at 40%, then it fails. I have tested all the hardware and the connection by saving large files from my Mac and virtual PC, with no issues. I’m really stuck here and have not been able to make progress for 2 weeks. Very frustrating!

stk

Dabbler
You are not alone!

What happens is the git part of it executes, then truenas does the "Validating truecharts catalog' and everything stalls at the 40% mark. This spins up 5 python processes with command line args as below.

These 5 python processes took nearly 30 minutes of CPU time and but finally finished!

So you didn't wait long enough. I have no idea why it takes so long, but it was definitely over 20 minutes on my machine.

It will only use 5 cores and run them at 100% for 20 minutes or more. But it did finish to my surprise.

NOT WARNING PEOPLE OF THIS is a problem.

Truenas must have changed the validation algorithm to make this take so long since YouTube video claim only a few minutes.

1709529417827.png

1709529448764.png

1709529676644.png

stk

Dabbler
Woo hoo. My 30 minute wait to crunch the truecharts catalog paid off. 844 apps now available, up from 106

1709530674471.png