TrueCharts - prometheus-operator and Vaultwarden will not update

ote

Cadet
My TrueNAS Scale Cobia is current. Currenly running Heavy Script Cron to update all apps. Vaultwarden and prometheus-operator has been running for several months without issue. Not sure what the issue is that causing these two apps not to update currently. Update issues began when version prometheus-operator 4.1.0 became available. I have not been able to update any version above 4.0.0. The app is currently running at version 4.0.0. Here is the message I get with prometheus-operator. This app is required for Vaultwarden. Here is the message I get with prometheus-operator.

App Version:
Chart Version:
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
raise CallError(f'Failed to {tn_action} App: {errmsg}')

middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to upgrade App: Error: UPGRADE FAILED: resource mapping not found for name: "prometheus-operator-kps-operator" namespace: "ix-prometheus-operator" from "": no matches for kind "ServiceMonitor" in version "monitoring.coreos.com/v1"
ensure CRDs are installed first.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

No idea what the error message is telling me. So far I am four versions behind and could not update to any of them.

Vaultwarden has been updating without fail until today. Vaultwarden is currently running at version 25.1.6. New version is 25.1.7. All other apps I have installed are updating just fine. Those apps update without issue and they include, cloudnative-pg, heimdall, nextcloud, traefik and unifi. Here is the error message I get with Vaultwarden.

App Version:
Chart Version:
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
raise CallError(f'Failed to {tn_action} App: {errmsg}')

middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to upgrade App: Error: UPGRADE FAILED: unable to build kubernetes objects from current release manifest: resource mapping not found for name: "vaultwarden" namespace: "ix-vaultwarden" from "": no matches for kind "PodMonitor" in version "monitoring.coreos.com/v1"
ensure CRDs are installed first
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Again, no idea what the error is telling me. I would appreciate any insight to this issue and any more info that I might provide that may be missing.

LarsR

Guru
Sorry to tell you, but you're asking in the wrong place. Truecharts has their own support channels, mainly their discord.
If you want help with their apps you should go to their discord.
I know that the answer for the prometheus-operator will be to uninstall the current operator and reinstall the latest version, because that question got asked numerous times on their discord in the last week.
For Vaultwarden aks in the scale-apps channel, not the general one, or create a support ticket.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I ran into the same thing, and it's as Lars said--remove and reinstall prometheus-operator. If you can't remove it from the GUI, then (as root) run k3s kubectl delete ns ix-prometheus-operator. Then reinstall. The first attempt may fail, but the second should succeed. Once it does, Vaultwarden and other apps should update just fine.

ote

Cadet
Thanks all for your replies. Sorry for the delay on this reply, but we had a death in the family which prevented that. Sometimes the simplest things just get overlooked. I did just as both have suggested and all is good. After your replies, it became clear of the dependency VW has with prometheus.

Sorry to tell you, but you're asking in the wrong place. Truecharts has their own support channels, mainly their discord.
If you want help with their apps you should go to their discord.

Thanks for that. Too many thing going on at once lately and never gave it thought. I will be sure to keep it in mind next time.

Thank again guys.