SOLVED Cobia, Error: "prometheus-operator" has no deployed releases, it can't upgrade & delete but running

toury

Dabbler
TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1

One of my installed app somehow shows the "prometheus-operator" has no deployed releases Error,
It cannot be upgrade and delete but it is running without issues.

helm list --namespace ix-prometheus-operator
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME NAMESPACE REVISION UPDATED STATUS CHART APP VERSION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Return nothing

helm list -A
------------------------------------------------------------------

Does not list prometheus-operator

k3s kubectl get pods -A
ix-prometheus-operator prometheus-operator-kps-operator-7xxxxxxxxxxf-trd6m 1/1 Running 3 (6m2s ago) 58m

heaverysecript delete prometheus-operator : Failed to delete app prometheus-operator
Delete it from GUI: FAIL, prometheus-operator" has no deployed releases

Any idea?

Edit:
Solved by run
Code:
k3s kubectl delete ns ix-prometheus-operator
as root

Last edited:

toury

Dabbler
How did this get "solved" ?
Perviously I was trying to reinstall the app prometheus-operator, coz it had issue during upgrade.
The error message: "prometheus-operator" has no deployed releases came up during the delete process (because I want to reinstall it so I deleted it first).
After that I cannot delete the app either using GUI or `helm delete`. It did not appear in helm deployed release list, but it was running as a k3s pods.

I found the command `k3s kubectl delete ns ix-prometheus-operator` could delete it successfully, so it solved my problem.

I thought people might have the same problem therefore I marked the question status to solved, or should I just delete it?

Last edited:

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Perviously I was trying to reinstall the app prometheus-operator, coz it had issue during upgrade.
The error message: "prometheus-operator" has no deployed releases came up during the delete process (because I want to reinstall it so I deleted it first).
After that I cannot delete the app either using GUI or `helm delete`. It did not appear in helm deployed release list, but it was running as a k3s pods.

I found the command `k3s kubectl delete ns ix-prometheus-operator` could delete it successfully, so it solved my problem.

I thought people might have the same problem therefore I marked the question status to solved, or should I just delete it?

Your answer is perfect and useful for anyone else with a similar issue.

HITMAN

Dabbler

Worked like a charm!

Thanks.