Trouble setting up Plex and jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

NASr710

Explorer
I am new to FreeNAS and NAS in general, and of course jails. Last night i tried to set up Plex. Tried...

I already have a volume set up for my regular data... documents, photos, etc. I have some other volumes set up for timemachine backups.

I started by simply clicking on Plex and hitting the install button. I am careful to not navigate away from the screen while it is installing (it would be nice if the pop up window would actually warn you of this). But it failed giving me this error: 'MiddlewareError: b"failed to install plugin: [warden_exception:cannot open 'testnas/jails/.warden-template-plugin......'

TestNAS is the first volume i set up to play with. But i wanted to set it up on my new 8TB volume. Not sure why it selected this volume.

Some guides tell you to set up a jail first. I tried that as well, but same problem.

Thanks in advance.

garm

Wizard
Well sins we have to guess a lot about you system, I would say that you are set up to run Jails on a pool that is now missing. Reconfigure your jails to be on a different pool and you should be set.

Search for jail root in the documentation

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
under the jail settings change your path to be the one you want. It's all described in the manual. You need to read the manual and forum rules before posting again. Your question is not very good and could be improved with a little effort.

NASr710

Explorer
Sorry. As I said new to this. I have some info in my signature. I will review the docs. thank you.

NASr710

Explorer
I have been going through the manual, but it gets pretty technical and I am learning as I go. I do not work in computers professionally. Will review the rules. Apologies.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I already have a volume set up for my regular data... documents, photos, etc. I have some other volumes set up for timemachine backups.
Volumes, datasets or directories. It matters.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
it's a super easy fix and I told you already but I'll give another description. Jails -> Configuration -> Jail Root: set to path you want on your new volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.