SOLVED Trouble after install with write_graphite plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

isidoreisou

Cadet
Hello

The install went fine, I even get to config local access from my Mac.
But in the console I got this :

Code:
Aug 25 18:37:40 freenas collectd[2912]: write_graphite plugin: getaddrinfo (root, 2003, tcp) failed: hostname nor servname provided, or not known

I didn't try plugin yet.
I can't find when this error has appeared unfortunately.
Really don't understand it, can you guide me ?

Thanks a lot !

isidoreisou

Cadet
FreeNAS build version (from System -> Information)?
Thanks for your help, here it is :

Build FreeNAS-11.2-BETA2

I have noticed something, maybe it's linked to that error.
When I am in the new UI I can see and install plugins.
When I am in the legacy UI, nothing is displayed in the plugins section : "No available plugins services".
I really don't know what else to check ?

D

dlavigne

Couple of things:

1. The plugins behavior is expected as jails created in the new UI use the new iocage backend/middleware and jails created in earlier versions (before 11.2) use the deprecated warden/old middleware backend. This means you can't create new jails or install plugins using the legacy UI (in 11.2) and you won't see jails/plugins created in the new UI while in the legacy UI.

2. What exactly is your problem? Are you just concerned about that error message?

isidoreisou

Cadet
Couple of things:

1. The plugins behavior is expected as jails created in the new UI use the new iocage backend/middleware and jails created in earlier versions (before 11.2) use the deprecated warden/old middleware backend. This means you can't create new jails or install plugins using the legacy UI (in 11.2) and you won't see jails/plugins created in the new UI while in the legacy UI.

Oh Ok that makes sense.

2. What exactly is your problem? Are you just concerned about that error message?

Yes, I have no precise problem I would just like to know what this error message means and if I have to worry about it.

Edit : I have to say that this error message pop itself every 10 secs

D

dlavigne

Did you input anything into System -> Advanced -> Remote Graphite Server Hostname?

Status
Not open for further replies.