Trouble adding Storage to Apps

ian351c

Patron
Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction for adding Custom (NAS) storage to my Apps deployed from TrueCharts. I have deployed the Sonarr app using all the default options in the Chart (I only added the app name, all other options are default). With the default options, the app has deployed successfully and is running and accessible on its NodePort. I receive the following error when I apply my desired configuration:

Code:
Error: [EINVAL] attributes.hostPathMounts: Item#0 is not valid per list types: [EINVAL] volumeMount.medium: Field was not expected

My desired configuration is shown in this screen cap:
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 11.10.41 AM.png

I have consulted the documentation on adding storage and consulted the Goggles (which do nothing). This also happens when trying to deploy a new app with added Custom Storage (same error).

Edit: This doesn't seem to happen with the Official Charts, just the True Charts. For example, I can deploy the Plex chart with custom storage from the Official repository but I get the error above if I attempt to deploy the Plex chart from True.

System config:
TrueNAS 21.04 (installed on SSD)
TrueCharts added as an app source
Data Volume is a mirrored pair of 3 TB HDDs on an IBM 1015 in IT mode

Any insight on this would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited:

ian351c

Patron
This should help.

21.04 ALPHAlegacy_21.04ALPHA
❌
✅
Adviced to update to 21.06
I'm fine with upgrading. Can you point me to where I can download 21.06 at this time? There are no available updates according to System > Update on my SCALE box and the download page for SCALE wants me to download 21.04. It looks like 21.06 comes out on June 22 at this time. I know there's a repository for nightlies, but I can't seem to find a link to it anywhere...

Thanks!

impovich

Explorer
you should apply the update manually, here it is https://download.truenas.com/truenas-scale-nightly/
Currently, I'm on 21.06-MASTER-20210608-033855, the issue you were talking about seems to be resolved here, but again there are other bugs. BTW they are going to release 21.06 Beta on the 22 of June. I decided to wait for it and only then I will start to deploy applications. Currently my NAS works as a storage + ISCSI + NFS shares, with no issues. Telegram notifications are broken as well as reports, that what I noticed.

impovich

Explorer
Those are nightly builds^ Be careful as there could be something broken that is critical for your setup :) So if something goes wrong don't blame me)

ian351c

Patron
Thanks for the link! I ended up finding a link in the forum that points to Nightlies update files here. Just finished upgrading the the June 10 nightly and I get the same error when adding custom storage to a TrueCharts app.

My best be may be to wait for 21.06 as you are doing. Might try hitting up the TrueCharts Discord channel to see if it's a know issue as well.

Thanks!

stavros-k

Patron
Hello, please remember to refresh the catalog after upgrading, apply this patch and create NEW app (dont edit existing app).

For future problems with Truecharts use our github or discord.
If you still having errors, please report them on the mentioned channels, so we can take a look
Thanks

ian351c

Patron
@StavrosMadK Thanks for the tip! My install was fresh from ISO for 21.04 (not an upgrade). I tried removing the file and restarting K8s anyways to see what would happen (I also re-refreshed the catalog) and the issue persists. I'll fire up Discord and see what happens (might have to ask my kids for help LOL).