SOLVED Apps disappering in "Installed Apps" view

ok1718

Cadet
Hello community!
I already tried my luck on r/truenas...
My problem: Apps keep disappearing.
Since yesterday, I can't launch a new app/docker container and some of the existing ones have already disappeared. They seem to start fine though.
If i type in, for example:
Code:
jupiter# k3s kubectl get pods -n ix-vaultwarden
NAME                                    READY   STATUS    RESTARTS   AGE
vaultwarden-ix-chart-86498596b6-ppghq   1/1     Running   1          86m

Note: that's a docker container. It is nowhere to be found in the UI, but it runs and i can access it via Browser.
The same goes for truecharts apps that have disappeared in the UI:
Code:
jupiter# k3s kubectl get pods -n ix-transmission
NAME                            READY   STATUS      RESTARTS   AGE
transmission-65654c6f77-4n5hd   0/2     Completed   0          88m

I run a mix of docker containers and truecharts/official apps. (28 in total, 5 have disappered)
The disappered apps/docker containers are: transmission(truecharts), jdownloader(truecharts), vaultwarden(docker), hello-world(docker), jackett(truecharts)
I already tried:
  • restart middlewared
  • restart k3s
  • updating to 21.08 Beta.2,
  • downgrading to Beta1 again,
  • uploading a known working config file from a few days ago, (various problems arise from those
  • launching new docker via "launch docker image" (-> it launches, but doesn't get added to the UI)
  • launching new truecharts app (-> same result as docker)
  • launching new container with same name as existing one
    [EEXIST]Chart release with vaultwarden already exists.

These apps did not disappear all at once, I tried to update every one of them, but they failed to pull the image (I think this was the error, I don't have a screenshot unfortunately)

The problem is, if the apps aren't in the TrueNAS UI, I can't restart, stop or upgrade them.

My r/truenas post

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

MadMungo

Dabbler
Check on the truecharts discord. search for Cannot access Installed Applications page, Black screen with spinning circle in the support channel. The fix has been posted there.

truecharts

Guru
As we cannot keep track on cries for helps on all different platforms and communities, so we focuss on our own support channel :)
When using TrueCharts and having issues, it's always best to reach out to our community directly and trying to keep up with our announcements.

ok1718

Cadet
Check on the truecharts discord. search for Cannot access Installed Applications page, Black screen with spinning circle in the support channel. The fix has been posted there.
thanks a lot! found it, fixed my problem.
and @truecharts yeah, thanks, I know that now.

Sparx

Contributor
What was the fix for getting the docker apps up and running when the spinning circle of death was there? I tried a middleware restart to no avail. Reboot fixed it. But its a bit harsh. Would be nice to find a better solution. Searched the discord but got too many hits.

truecharts

Guru
Spinning circle of death is not an existing issue anymore.
The current problem is a severe slowdown in RC2. There is no fix, besides a future update.

Sparx

Contributor
My server had been up for hours and none of the apps were seen in docker ps ( totally empty ) and nothing shown in the apps. On RC2. But any way. Looking for next update then.

truecharts

Guru
My server had been up for hours and none of the apps were seen in docker ps ( totally empty ) and nothing shown in the apps. On RC2. But any way. Looking for next update then.
That's not good, in that case it's best to file a bugreport to the iX Jira directly.
However: docker ps, is not a command that should be used to troubleshoot kubernetes (aka: truenas scale). The correct equivalent would be:
k3s kubectl get pods -A

Sparx

Contributor
k3s kubectl get pods -A
Great. Then I'll make sure to run that next time (if) it happens. Seems to be stable normally. But not starting sometimes at boot. Lots of strangeness with this RC. But I guess also its a pretty big leap/change since previous releases.

truecharts

Guru
Great. Then I'll make sure to run that next time (if) it happens. Seems to be stable normally. But not starting sometimes at boot. Lots of strangeness with this RC. But I guess also its a pretty big leap/change since previous releases.
It always takes a while till it starts after a reboot, that's nothing new.
Latest RC is also not a very big change since previous releases.

If you've any issues it's best to file a bugreport on the iX-Systems Jira directly.

Sparx

Contributor
previous releases.
I meant Scale in general now. I know its not a new project. But its the first time I try it out. Pretty significant to go from freebsd to debian after all. Very impressed that so much of the config transferred over in to the upgraded version.

erkan7g

Cadet
having same issue. all apps dissappear from GUI but running in the bacground. any new installed app also not appearing in the installed apps. any solution ?