Transmission settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
When I'm already talking to the right person I might as well ask. When you stop the plugin or restart the jail it seems like Transmission isn't sending a stop signal to the trackers. Is this a Transmission thing or a plugin thing? Haven't really looked in to it, sorry.
i have no idea, the plugin doesn't anything but write the config and send the appropriate stop/start/reload/status commands.

niclas

Dabbler
makes sense, maybe that should be added to transmission's online documentation?
Ok, I'll note to do something about this for the next transmission release.

EDIT
or even better, any chance transmission would update their mapped values actually send the correct codes?
Sorry, I didn't see the EDIT until now. The proper way to this was committed on the Transmission bugtracker 8 years ago. But the devs didn't like it and thought it was too advance for normal users (why they didn't think that about the old ToS system and haven't removed is beyond me). But they kept the possibility to set a numeric value.
Then some years later someone changed the values of cost and delay.
And since about 4 years ago there is a ticket about the mix up and a request for a modern implementation with high priority and assigned to a dev.

So I have low hopes of this being fixed on that side.

Yatti420

Wizard
Sorry, I didn't see the EDIT until now. The proper way to this was committed on the Transmission bugtracker 8 years ago. But the devs didn't like it and thought it was too advance for normal users (why they didn't think that about the old ToS system and haven't removed is beyond me). But they kept the possibility to set a numeric value.
Then some years later someone changed the values of cost and delay.
And since about 4 years ago there is a ticket about the mix up and a request for a modern implementation with high priority and assigned to a dev.

So I have low hopes of this being fixed on that side.

This should all really be discussed with the transmssion devs.. As far as I know it works!.. While your points may be valid I'd rather them come from the actual developers of transmission first and then filter down to us!!

niclas

Dabbler
This should all really be discussed with the transmssion devs.. As far as I know it works!.. While your points may be valid I'd rather them come from the actual developers of transmission first and then filter down to us!!
I'm not asking to do anything weird. All I want is to be able to set a valid value on a standard Transmission setting. Either trough the FreeNAS WebUI or by editing settings.json. Right now the PBI is blocking me from doing that. That's not something wrong with Transmission, but with the plugin.

Last edited:

Yatti420

Wizard
Ok.. I'm still not certain exactly what it does.. I'm sure it'll get added for the next pbi release..

Yatti420

Wizard
Ok.. I'm still not certain exactly what it does.. I'm sure it'll get added for the next pbi release..

niclas

Dabbler
If you have any interest in it, I am more than happy to share anything I know. A bit busy right now, but I'll be back in a few hours.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@niclas
I build a version of the plugin with this setting removed, but didn't bump the version so it won't show the update as available to current installs. It should be available tomorrow from the freenas repo

If you have the transmission plugin already installed and want to upgrade it I recommend you do the following.
* if you don't have any other plugins installed to that jail, upload another PBI to that jail from http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/
* delete transmission from the jail
* upload this PBI to your jail http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/transmission-2.84_2-amd64.pbi, md5 should be df428d6060acea93053fdb39bcffbab2
* delete the extra plugin you installed in the first step
* restart the jail

niclas

Dabbler
@niclas
I build a version of the plugin with this setting removed, but didn't bump the version so it won't show the update as available to current installs. It should be available tomorrow from the freenas repo

If you have the transmission plugin already installed and want to upgrade it I recommend you do the following.
* if you don't have any other plugins installed to that jail, upload another PBI to that jail from http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/
* delete transmission from the jail
* upload this PBI to your jail http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/transmission-2.84_2-amd64.pbi, md5 should be df428d6060acea93053fdb39bcffbab2
* delete the extra plugin you installed in the first step
* restart the jail
It seems to be working correctly. Thank you for being so quick.

Yatti420

Wizard
What the version isn't bumped? I'm confused with the manual method.. Will the version be bumped in the repo in the future?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
What the version isn't bumped? I'm confused with the manual method.. Will the version be bumped in the repo in the future?
I didn't bump the version for that fix, but that is irrelevant in a few hours when 2.90 is in the repo.

Yatti420

Wizard
My mistake thought i was on that thread.. I look forward to trying it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.