Transmission DL directory doesn't seem to work....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallybanger

Contributor
I have transmission installed and it seems to be working really well. I have my storage mounted to the jail and it points to the /media folder in the jail file system. The torrent watch folder is setup as /media/torrents, which works fine and the incomplete torrent part folder is just set to /media, which is OK for now.

So here's what doesn't work. Any time I want to start a torrent the transmission default download location is //downloads. WTF is //downloads? This doesn't seem to point to any directory in the system and I've tried changing this to stuff like /media/PutTheTorrentHere and it doesn't work.

I need this to work for 2 reasons. 1) When I download my torrents I would like to keep them organized by specifying a download location. 2) When I add torrents for completed downloads (like torrents downloaded in another client that I want to seed with transmission) it needs to know what directory to look in to Verify Local Data. Am I just specifying the download location incorrectly? Do I need to enter /media? How does this work?

Wallybanger

Contributor
update: entering /media as the download location definitely doesn't work :/

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Are you using the plugin? I just modify the settings.json file by hand and it works.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Wallybanger

Contributor
Ok, that seemed to work! Kinda.... When I go to add a new torrent I now get this:
ok.jpg

No more "//Downloads" Yaaay

however, this doesn't seem to work at all:
nok.jpg

Why can't I append a subfolder and have transmission download to that location?

Wallybanger

Contributor
Actually, nevermind. That totally appears to be working now! Thanks SweetAndLow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.