Transmission and BTSync

Status
Not open for further replies.

matlock

Contributor
I'm trying to get input from anyone who has been able to get these two plugins to work with eachother.

Essentially what i'm after is - I want to be able to setup the Transmission watch directory to be in my BTSync folder, so that i can put a .torrent file into a btsync watch folder- and then transmission sees this file- and begins downloading the torrent.

Some issues i've run into...

The default transmission watch directory exceeds the 88 character limitation. I've changed the watch directory to a shorter path...
(starting path is /mnt/Prime/Jails/transmission_1)
From: usr\pbi\transmission-amd64\etc\transmission\home\torrents
to: \mnt

I created a mount point with the source being in my btsync folder, and the destination being the /mnt/Prime/Jails/transmission_1/mnt

when i drop a file into the btsync watch folder, it sync's up properly on all devices and although there is a new torrent file in the transmission watch folder- no torrents start downloading

Has anyone else done this? Can someone give me some guidance on this?

ghostwolf59

Contributor
I think /mnt/Prime/Jails/transmission_1/mnt should be left alone as this is owned by transmission.

when you setup transmission your nominate your watch directory along with your download directory. Then you define your dataset mapped to your download dir.
I created a new folder within the transmission jail named BitTorrent
I use the same folder for both watch and download (transmission Plugin configuration) - then I created a storage for transmission mapping source/destination.
BtSync should be mapped similarly and look within its source/dest location - once a file appear in the btsync mapped source location transmission would pick it up automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.