Transmission - Advanced Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccann73

Dabbler
Hi All

I have been trying to get transmission up and running on my freenas server and am having some trouble with the default settings, I am not sure if this is by design, but any changes of the "settings.json" file made outside of the freenas page, will be reset any time the service is restarted, basically back to the settings available on the plugins page!

Is there a way to stop this from happening, or is this going to be a feature request? :)

Cheers

Dusan

Guru
That's how FreeNAS plugins work. If you want to configure transmission by directly editing the config files you can install transmission in a jail. Just create a portjail (uncheck the vanilla option) and run "pkg install transmission-daemon" inside the jail.

mccann73

Dabbler
Thanks Dusan

Your right, I am fairly new to FreeNAS users and didn’t think of that, created a new jail, followed your instructions and it works as I want it!

Cheers

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
Actually you don't need to do that.

1) Stop Transmission
2) Edit "/<transmission_path>/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/settings.json"
3) Start Transmission

Modification will (should) be persistant.

Sent from my Motorola Photon Q via Tapatalk

mccann73

Dabbler
Hi all

Just an update, i finally did get the manual transmission plugin settings to be persistant, for whatever reason, a complete uninstall/reinstall and a reboot, plus remembering to stop transmission when making changes seem to resolved the issue.

Thanks

SkyMonkey

Contributor
Somewhat off topic but related (and could perhaps be intended behavior): I have transmission installed in a default jail, and settings set inside the transmission webgui (seeing ratio, speed limits, etc) do not persist through service stop/start. Do I need to change something in order for them to persist? Should they persist through a service stop/start? How about a jail stop/start?

mccann73

Dabbler
I have never been able to get this working as well, it will read any changes I made manually to "settings.json", but you can’t modify them with the webgui, is can only assume this is by design?

Anyway my solution was to manually modify the config using the link below for all the setting values...

https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/EditConfigFiles

Status
Not open for further replies.