TPLink TX401 (10GB network card) not recognized?

BitHappy

Cadet
So I'm trying to set up my nas, and I'm trying to connect my computer to my network using a 10GB Network card, but it seems to be having a few little issues. I think maybe its just not recognizing it? Or it might need specific drivers or something? When I type

pciconf -lv

I see

Code:
none6@pci0:2:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x00011d6a chip=0x07b11d6a rev=0x02hdr=0x00
vendor = 'Aquantia Corp.'
device = 'AQC107 NBase-T/IEEE 802.3bz Ethernet Controller [AQtion]'
class = network
subclass = ethernet

along with a ton of other stuff of course but I think this is the relevant one. Anyways it looks like its there and everything I just can't figure out how to get it to work properly with Truenas. I've read some stuff about maybe kernel patches? But the links were dead and I don't think they applied to my specific pci card anyways. Does anyone know of anything like that maybe or any way to get it working properly? I suppose worst case I could return this one and buy a different one but I don't want to do that and run into the same issue anyways.

Thanks a lot for you help! Any information or assistance is greatly appreciated!!

matt09ad

Cadet
hello. I had the exact same problem. i ended up upgrading to truenas scale and it was detected automatically. the only headache I had was the fact that the user account permissions are a different to configure. It took me an hour or two of releaning it

Etorix

Wizard
ACQ107 has "experimental support" in TrueNAS Core, and the way to enable it is somewhat cryptic. Good luck!

jgreco

Resident Grinch
TrueNAS is an appliance firmware, and "adding drivers" or compiling isn't supported, and trying to force the issue isn't a good idea either, as it may become problematic down the road after upgrades or reloads.

It's generally a bad idea to buy random hardware and then hope that TrueNAS supports it. We have an extensive discussion of well-supported 10 gig equipment in the 10 Gig Networking Primer and Hardware Recommendations threads. These cards have the advantage of working right out of the box, and also have well-tested proven drivers.

beowu!f

Dabbler
OK.. so I did not know this.. as I bought my 10gig cards to work with Unraid and my workstation PC. I ended up with a pair of tp-link 10gigi TX401 cards. Are these not supported? It works in that I am getting a 1gig connection and an IP. But I am trying to set up DHCP for Plex Server, and getting issues. Gonna be a little bummed if I got the wrong card.. but I would buy another if there is a better 10gig card to work with it.