Tons of "(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): Synchronize cache failed, status..." -errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

olliraa

Dabbler
I tried to install the latest 8.0.1B4 (tried also the 8.0) to 3 different computers. Also tried 3 different install medias, but I always get hundreds of these errors during install. Eventually the intaller finishes ok. When I then boot the comp from the usb stcik I start getting these errors again. After about 5 minutes (thet's kinda a long boot time btw...) I evetually get to the "main selection screen" of Freenas.

As this happens with 3 totally different computers (chipset etc etc) I suspect this is not a "incompatible computer" problem. Any clues how to solve this?

sgk

Dabbler
FreeNAS 8.01 BETA4 seems to be total crap. I upgraded from 8.0 because it was supposed to solve problems (like the one , where you cannot create more than one CIFS shares on different subdirectories on the main volume) but it does not boot properly. It gets stuck on an error message (repeating for hrs if you let it) da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0 AutoSense Failed. I thought it might had been the fact that I did an upgrade from 8.0 to 8.01 so I installed the system from scratch. Still the same.
I have FreeNAS installed on a CF card and it was workin OK with version 8.0. Now with version 8.01 BEAT4 it hangs! And, yes I tried another medium. I installed (from scratch) on a 4BG usb stick but, it still hangs with a similar error. Now it says da3:umass-sim0:0:0:3 AutoSense Failed.
Any ideas anybody?
Maybe it's an inherent problem of FreeBSD 8.x series where FreeNAS is based upon.

T

thomasdk81

I get Synchronize cache failed, status... errors too.
System boot ok after a lot if errors though.

Status
Not open for further replies.