TN Scale Bluefinn - SMB/NFS Share ACL permission issues

ninthturtle1034

Dabbler
Hi I seem to be having issues setting up ACL permissions on my NFS & SMB share on my TrueNAS Scale system. I keep getting these kinds of errors when I don't have a `mask` or `other` entry in the share [EINVAL] filesystem_acl.dacl: Named (user or group) POSIX ACL entries require a mask entry to be present in the ACL. [EINVAL] filesystem_acl.dacl: Default ACL entries are required in order to apply ACL recursively. [EINVAL] filesystem_acl.dacl: Presence of [OTHER] entry is required. More info...

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 426, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 463, in __run_body
    rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1172, in run_in_thread
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.thread_pool_executor, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1169, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1288, in nf
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/filesystem_/acl_linux.py", line 678, in setacl
    return self.setacl_posix1e(job, data)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/filesystem_/acl_linux.py", line 637, in setacl_posix1e
    verrors.check()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 70, in check
    raise self
middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] filesystem_acl.dacl: Named (user or group) POSIX ACL entries require a mask entry to be present in the ACL.
[EINVAL] filesystem_acl.dacl: Default ACL entries are required in order to apply ACL recursively.
[EINVAL] filesystem_acl.dacl: Presence of [OTHER] entry is required.

but when I add a `mask` or `other` entry the error persists.

If it's at all useful my usecase is that I setup a NFS share to store my proxmox VM disks on but then due to some networking issues the proxmox host stopped being able to connect to the share so can't load the VM. I have manged to connect via SMB and retrieve the VM but I'd like to be able to reconnect my proxmox host to the share but it keeps having permission issues which I'm having issues troubleshooting.
1675009510559.png